By: WAXIE Editorial Staff | May 28, 2020
As areas across the country begin to stabilize from the COVID-19 pandemic, organizations are starting to welcome building occupants back into their facilities. When considering the complexity and sensitivity of this endeavor, there are many aspects to consider – governmental guidance to incorporate, protocols to be reviewed and implemented, and final preparations to be made to ensure your facilities are as safe and ready as possible for people to return.
WAXIE delivers hand hygiene programs, comprehensive cleaning solutions, surface disinfecting technology and facility maintenance supplies, combined with industry-specific expertise and consultation to assist with implementation and ongoing support. We stand ready to partner with you to welcome building occupants back to facilities which will be cleaner, healthier, greener, and safer.
Step 1: Enhanced Hand Hygiene Solutions
80% of all infectious diseases are spread by touch – clean hands save lives, and create a healthier building environment.
Step 2: Comprehensive Surface Cleaning Solutions
Dirty surfaces create ideal conditions for pathogenic microbes to survive and thrive – clean surfaces decrease pathogenic microbes, and create a healthier building environment.
- Cleaning chemicals – restrooms, hard floors, carpets, general surfaces, etc.
- Cleaning chemical dispensing systems
- Cleaning tools – microfiber, mops, wipes, brushes, scrubbing pads, etc.
- Cleaning equipment
Step 3: High-Touch Surface Disinfecting Solutions
High-touch surfaces are a potential source for pathogen transfer to building occupants – targeted disinfection of high-touch surfaces will inactivate and suppress the growth of harmful pathogens, and create a healthier building environment.
- Disinfectant chemicals
- Disinfectant wipes
- Cleaning chemical and disinfectant dispensing systems
- Disinfectant applicators – sprayers, buckets, wipes, misters, foggers, electrostatic sprayers, etc.
Step 4: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Safety Solutions
Cleaning and disinfecting facilities results in opportunities for potential exposure to hazards – appropriate use of PPE will protect users against these health and safety risks, and create a healthier building environment.
- Safety glasses, goggles, and face shields
- Face masks and respirators
- Aprons, gowns, booties, and apparel
Step 5: Indoor Biological Pollutant Source Control Solutions
Other sources for indoor pollutants and pathogens can be found throughout a facility – identifying these sources and employing effective facility maintenance strategies can limit potential exposure to indoor pollutants and pathogens, and create a healthier building environment.
- Entryway matting
- Waste, recycling, and compost receptacles and liners
- Drain maintenance – bioactive chemistry and trap seals
- Indoor air quality – odor control, vent cleaning, air filtration and purification
Step 6: Cleaning Industry Expertise and Training Solutions
Misapplication and misuse of cleaning and disinfecting solutions can lead to ineffective results, and even potential injury – partnering with a trusted adviser can help to optimize results, and create a healthier building environment.
- Cleaning and disinfecting standard operating procedures
- Ongoing training support – on-site, in-class, online, etc.
- Signage and communication
- Cleaning industry expertise and knowledge
WAXIE's Account Consultants and Specialists are great resources in developing customized cleaning programs and providing expert training to janitorial staffs. Contact us to request a re-entry consultation.