The Problem: Every year there are more than 1 billion cases and over 1 million deaths globally from vector‐borne Zoonotic Diseases such as the Zika Virus, Malaria, Dengue, Lyme disease, Plague, West Nile Virus, Schistosomiasis, Human African Trypanosomiasis, Leishmaniosis, Chagas Disease, Yellow Fever, Japanese Encephalitis and Onchocerciasis.
Filariasis may also reach man simply by being carried by flies or cockroaches via drainage. Thus, unlined open drains might become particularly dangerous transmission sites. It is at such sites that excreta disposal and human water contacts might occur in a concentrated and uncontrolled form.
Superbugs Splash Out Of Hospital Sink Drains
THE SOLUTION: Green Drain™
Green Drain™ reduces exposure to hazardous sewer gases and deadly HAI’s in the workplace. It is an ecofriendly, preventative action that will lead to improved outcomes for worker & patient health, while exceeding the lifespan of traditional chemical applicants that harm the environment.
Green Drain™ Informative PDF's
Protection of the Public’s Health
International SARS Symposium
- The conference examined the spread of infectious disease through its escape from drains. It examined the spread of the SARS virus through dry traps at the Amoy Gardens apartment complex in Hong Kong, where 329 people were infected and 42 died.
- After a well known outbreak of Salmonella at a Georgia restaurant, the only traces of Salmonella found in the subsequent investigation were in the kitchen floor drains.
- Fruit flies and fungal gnats are common sightings in restaurants and QSR facilities, hovering over drains and creating a nuisance for employees. In addition, the flies can lay up to 200 eggs in the organic matter found in drain pipes.
- The importance of providing a reliable trap seal, in terms of public health, has increased substantially.
- The Green Drain reduces evaporation of the trap and provides a physical barrier to the emission of sewer gases, sewage backup, and pest pathways.
The Green Drain Uses
- Minimize the evaporation of the trap seal
- Prevent the emission of sewer gases
- Diminish the backup of raw sewage
- Prevent Harmful bacteria from escaping
- Block Insect pathway through drains
- Prevent floor drain odors
Tested and Reliable Solution
- IAPMO / ASSE Listed.
- Easy to Install
- In the floor drain, not the plumbing system.
- A Value for the Purchaser
- Saves water and is easy to maintain.
Green Drain vs Cash Drain
- Lack of a COMPLETE Drain Line Management Program can result in:
- Employee Slips and Falls
- Health–Code Violations
- Municipal Surcharge Fines
- Expensive Plumbing Emergencies
Follow the links below to view the products on WAXIE Web@Work
1033600 - Green Drain Waterless Trap Seal for Floor Drains 2"
1033601 - Green Drain Waterless Trap Seal for Floor Drains 3"
1033603 - Green Drain Waterless Trap Seal for Floor Drains 3.5"
1033602 - Green Drain Waterless Trap Seal for Floor Drains 4"
Competitive Cost Analysis
Trap Primer System vs The Green Drain
- Trap Priming Eight (8) –3” Drains
- Total Installed Cost = $800.00
- Green Drain Eight (8) –3” Drains
- Total Installed Cost = $380
- Total Cost Savings: = $420.00
- In addition… The Green Drain requires ZERO WATER USAGE and introduces ZERO SEWER LOAD
The Solution to Drain Line Management
- Pest Control
- The Green Drain