By: Briana Smith, Social Media & Product Branding Specialist, WAXIE Sanitary Supply
Keeping your flooring looking great can take a bit of work, and each flooring type, whether it be natural stone, wood, VCT (vinyl composition tile), etc. has its unique set of challenges to take into consideration.
Softer flooring surfaces, such as VCT, marmoleum, linoleum, etc. typically need several layers of floor finish to protect the flooring material from the wear and tear of shoes that drag in dirt, sand and other debris from the out-of-doors. Synthetic flooring materials are very resilient and can be low-maintenance if you take care of them properly.
One of the less intensive ways to keep your synthetic floors looking brilliant is by scrubbing & recoating your floors, versus stripping them, when they no longer meet the acceptable level of appearance. The scrub & recoat procedure is part of the interim maintenance portion of your hard floor care cleaning program, and there are multiple benefits to performing this kind of maintenance.
Scrubbing & recoating…
- Reduces the manpower that’s needed to maintain flooring
- Keeps a higher acceptable level of glossiness to floor appearance for a longer amount of time
- Minimizes how often you have to strip floors
- Is less time intensive than a full restorative strip & recoat procedure
- Saves you money & extends the lifetime of the flooring material
hard floor care,
tips & tricks